Everything DiSC 363® for Leaders isn’t just any 360. It’s a dynamic 360-degree feedback tool plus 3 personalized strategies for leaders to put into action immediately—a 360 + 3!
The richness of Everything DiSC® comes together with the research-based Eight Approaches to Effective Leadership framework to help any leader—emerging high-potentials and experienced executives alike—incorporate critical feedback from direct reports, peers, and bosses into a development plan to increase their effectiveness in a leadership role. Whether coaching one-on-one or working with small groups of aspiring leaders, this powerful set of resources includes tips, techniques, and step-by-step guidance to help you introduce Everything DiSC 363 for Leaders into an organization, get buy-in from senior leadership, determine the scope and timeline for implementation, and deliver a fully customizable 360-degree feedback and coaching offering that meets your organization’s specific leadership development needs.
Project team roles and definitions
- Executive Sponsor has the authority to implement and champion Everything DiSC 363 for Leaders within the organization.
- Program Manager is responsible for the day-to-day execution of Everything DiSC 363 for Leaders. The Program Manager works with participants and the project team to ensure that all parties have the information and resources they need.
- EPIC Administrator is responsible for the EPIC (electronic assessment) process from start to finish.
- Coach provides leaders with their 363 feedback, answers their questions, helps them create action plans, and follows up to ensure that learning takes place. We recommend that trained coaches, either internal or external, be used unless managers have been trained in the coaching process.
- Set Up: The program set-up includes clarifying the purpose, scope, and timeline; and conducting meetings with the project team: executive sponsor, EPIC administrator, and coach.
- Communication: Successful 360 programs depend on clear and timely communication. The Program Manager is responsible for the day-to-day communication and execution of Everything DiSC 363 for Leaders. The organization-wide announcement, however, should come from the Executive Sponsor.
- Assessment: As EPIC Administrator for an Everything DiSC 363 for Leaders program, you will need accurate leader and rater information. This workflow assumes that required information was gathered using the Rater Information Spreadsheet template and provided to you by the Program Manager in the Communication phase. You are now ready to begin the Assessment phase of Everything DiSC 363 for Leaders.
- Coaching: The coach provides leaders with their 363 feedback, answers their questions and helps them create action plans. An Everything DiSC 363 Coaching Supplement is available to guide the coaching of each leader through their feedback.
- Wrap-Up: The purpose of the Wrap-Up phase is to determine to what extent the Everything DiSC 363 for Leaders program was a success and what can be learned and applied to future implementations.
- Recognize the tendencies that shape their approach to leadership, based on their DiSC® style.
- Understand how others see them as a leader and how their own self-ratings compare.
- Identify which of the Eight Approaches to Effective Leadership—and the three behavioral Practices underlying each approach—are their strengths and which ones would benefit from further development.
- Learn three personalized strategies for becoming a more effective leader based on specific rater feedback.
Everything DiSC 363® for Leaders Profile
50 EPIC Credits
- Two-part self-rating tool for leaders combines the research-validated, online Everything DiSC® and Leadership Behaviors assessments. The 22+-page 360° profile report provides
- Context-specific feedback using intuitive easy-to-read visuals
- Clear definitions of the Eight Approaches and associated behavioral Practices
- Graphic illustrations that break down feedback by type of rater (e.g., managers, peers, direct reports) Detailed rater comments on all 24 Practices
- Three personalized strategies that identify areas where leaders have the greatest opportunities for improvement, based on their unique DiSC style and specific feedback provided by raters
- Two-part research-validated, online assessment for raters combines the Leadership Behaviors assessment and an additional Leadership Requests survey that asks raters to identify which leadership practices they would like to see the leader engage in more frequently. Powered by our exclusive CommentSmart feature, raters choose from a variety of selectable comments that provide focused, balanced, and constructive feedback that leader can actually use. An unlimited number of raters can be engaged in this 360-feedback process.
From set-up to wrap-up, the Getting Started Guide delivers a comprehensive toolkit of resources to walk you through the five crucial phases of the Everything DiSC 363 for Leaders implementation process, including:
- Program set up: clarify the purpose, scope, and timeline of activities; conduct meetings with the project team, executive sponsor, EPIC administrator, and coach.
- Communication: email and memo templates to announce the program to the organization, notify leaders of their selection to participate, and launch the process with participants and raters.
- Assessment: all the details your EPIC administrator will need for successful assessment administration, from assigning access codes to generating final reports.
- Coaching: tools and techniques to help coaches prepare for delivering feedback, meeting with leaders to review results, providing guidance to identify development areas and create action plans, and scheduling follow-up meeting to measure progress and promote accountability.
- Wrap-up: tips for meeting with your project team to review results and plan next steps.
- Announcement to Organization
- Leader Process Launch
- Meeting Invitation
- Notifying Leaders
- Rater Information Spreadsheet
- Rater Process Launch
An additional tool for pre-coaching session planning that provides an overview of a leader’s DiSC style to help facilitate a more comprehensive and meaningful interpretation of the multi-rater feedback. Details about the leader’s profile report and rater comments are included, along with norms representing the average score of all leaders that have taken the assessment, and a Performance Gap Analysis that compares an individual’s performance to the typical performance expected for someone with a similar DiSC style.
363 For Leaders Facilitator Report
25 EPIC Credits
Designed to use exclusively with the Everything DiSC 363 for Leaders Profile, the 363 for Leaders Facilitator Report pulls data from multiple 363 profiles to assemble 360° feedback for a group of leaders. Along with a group summary, the 363 Facilitator Report breaks up data by each rater category (e.g. manager, peer, direct report) and each practice within their individual profiles. This report also visually illustrates at-a-glance the robust collection of feedback data by offering a unique 363 graph for each leader to compare and contrast feedback from every angle. Sold separately.